Practice Areas

Practicing Canadian Immigration For 5+ Years


Permanent Residence Class (PR)

Foreign nationals are able to immigrate Canada permanently under economic class which is divided into many different streams. Following are some options:

  1. Express Entry (EE): This method is built for interested skilled immigrants who wish to come to Canada permanently and contribute to the Canadian economy. This is the most popular economic class that is designed with a CRS point system. The Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) system allows the candidate to assess the points to determine their eligibility. There are three categories for Express Entry candidates, which are Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trade and Canadian Experience Class. 
  2. Provincial Nominee Program: In Canada every province has its own stream and needs different types of skilled workers. Depending on the provincial requirement(s), a province can select an individual and issue a provincial nomination certificate for that candidate. A nomination certificate holder has better opportunity to get an Invitation To Apply (ITA) letter from the Express Entry pool because the nomination certificate boosts the total CRS scores.
  3. Family sponsorship: A Canadian or Permanent Resident has legal right to sponsor a spouse, parents, children (own or adopted), and other relatives. There are different types of sponsorship application processes for in-Canada and outside Canada applications. This is the easiest way to become a PR of Canada without any prerequisites.
  4. Atlantic Immigration Program: Designated employers of Atlantic provinces offer employment to the foreign nationals or in-Canada temporary residents. Once a candidate obtains a valid job offer, they become eligible to apply for Atlantic Permanent Resident visa. The required CLB scores are lower compared to other provinces.
  5. Caregivers: A caregiver may become eligible for permanent resident status in Canada through the home child care provider pilot and the home support worker pilot program. There are different eligibility criteria for each program. 
  6. Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: There are multiple communities in all provinces in need of skilled foreign workers. Depending on the community’s demand and in accordance with the IRCC requirements, a candidate may be selected for this program after being selected with a valid job offer from a participating community.
  7. Agri-Food Pilot: A candidate must have appropriate Canadian work experience related to the eligible industries and a valid job offer to be eligible to apply under this program.
  8. Start-up Visa: This program targets the innovative entrepreneurs who can create jobs for Canadians and are able to compete globally. A qualifying entrepreneur needs to get a ‘letter of support’ from one or more designated Canadian organizations. There are venture capital funds, angel investors and business incubators in Canada that supports the Start-up visa program.
  9. Self-employment: Eligible applicants possess relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics and must demonstrate the ability and intention to establish a relevant business in Canada that will make a significant contribution to the Canadian economy.

We assess our clients’ eligibility and assist them to apply in the most suitable permanent resident stream.


Temporary Residence Class (TR)​

Foreign nationals can come to visit, study and/or work in Canada. Following are some options to come and stay in Canada temporarily.

  1. Study Permit (SP): International students are eligible to study and work in Canada with or without spouse. After receiving a “letter of acceptance” from a Canadian school or university, the student must apply for a study permit in the nearest visa office in order to obtain a study permit. If the applicants (student) are unaware of the intricacies within the visa application process, they risk a refusal from the visa officer. We assist students to obtain a study permit from overseas or in Canada, to remain on a valid status while studying in Canada and later apply for permanent residence in a suitable method.
  2. Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW): A foreign national can come to work and live in Canada temporarily with family members by holding a valid work permit. Some might also need a positive LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment) from Service Canada to be able to work in Canada. We offer our extended services starting from LMIA processing up to the work permit and permanent resident application. The Worker Class program is divided in four different categories:
           * Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
           * International Mobility Program (IMP)
           * Post Graduate Work Permit Program for Student (PGWPP) and
           * Trade Agreements

    A spouse of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who applied for spousal sponsorship in Canada is also eligible to obtain an open work permit while the sponsorship application is in process. We are offering professional immigration services based on our clients’ needs and circumstances.

  3. Visitor Visa: Obtain a visitor visa is a privilege not a right. Similar to student and worker visas, a foreign national can only come to visit Canada. There are specific requirements to apply for a visitor visa. We excel at multiple entry visitor visas. 
  4. Super Visa: This visa system is specifically made to reunite parents and grand-parents with their Canadians or permanent residents’ children. A super visa holder can stay two years in Canada at a time and up to ten years in total. Host(s) must provide appropriate health insurance coverage for parents or grand-parents according to IRCC.
  5. Temporary Resident Permit: A foreign national who is inadmissible and ineligible to enter or stay in Canada due to serious offences, health or financial grounds, misrepresentation, etc. may be granted a special permit called a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) instead of a regular visa. A TRP application has a lengthy processing time and is difficult to obtain due to the nature of the visa. We evaluate our clients’ history carefully and guide them towards the optimal solution.

A temporary resident can later become a permanent resident according to Immigration Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) if eligible for permanent resident visa.


Business Immigration Class​

This is not an economic class to immigrate to Canada. You must meet the financial eligibility. Only investors can apply to this program.


A Business immigrant candidate is not required to apply through the Express Entry system, as the eligibility requirements are different than the economic skilled worker class. This program attracts experienced business people from around the world who can stimulate national and provincial economic development for Canada with their business expertise and financial investments. A business immigrant applicant is required to have sufficient funds to support himself and his family members for at least one year after arriving in Canada. The applicant’s eligibility is determined through his net worth requirements. We are offering our services to the interested eligible business investors.



Canada offers the Refugee Protection Program, which is divided into the following two main categories:

  1. Refugee resettlement program for Convention Refugees outside Canada, and
  2. In-Canada Asylum program for people making refugee protection claims within Canada.

United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) plays an important role in the refugees’ resettlement program in Canada. Private sponsors assist refugees to resettle in Canada and they are known as Sponsorship Agreement Holders. Other sponsorship programs are Group of Five, Community Sponsors, Economy Mobility Pathways Pilot, Health-care workers permanent residence pathway etc. We offer adequate services for both In-Canada Asylum applicants and overseas Convention Refugees to get their permanent residence status in Canada.



A Canadian citizen has more fundamental rights than a permanent resident.

There are mainly three principles to acquire the citizenship, they are mentioned below:

  1. By birth: A person is automatically granted citizenship in Canada if that person was born in Canada, regardless of the status of parents.
  2. By blood: A child of a Canadian citizen is automatically granted Canadian citizenship regardless of where the child was born. This is also known as citizenship by descent. Since 2009, there is a limitation on the citizenship by descent category; according to the Citizenship Act, children born outside of Canada to Canadian parents are granted Canadian citizenship, but limited to only the first generation.
  3. Naturalization: This is the most common method to become a Canadian citizen following PR. Initially, a foreign national must acquire the permanent resident status. Then, they become eligible for citizenship by obeying the residency obligations, official language proficiency and a knowledge test about Canada. After passing through the process, a PR becomes a Canadian citizen during the citizenship ceremony by taking oath in front of a Citizenship Judge.

We assess your eligibility to become a Canadian citizen in one of the principles mentioned above and assist you in getting your citizenship smoothly. We also offer other citizenship related services like obtaining a proof of citizenship,  resume citizenship, renunciation, passport etc. 



We file appeals on our client’s behalf and represent them in Immigration Appeal Division and Refugee Appeal Division for various purposes.

Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) is the largest independent quasi-judicial tribunal, processing every immigration related application. The four divisions of the IRB tribunals are the following:

  1. Immigration Division (ID),
  2. Immigration Appeal Division (IAD),
  3. Refugee Protection Division (RPD), and
  4. Refugee Appeal Division (RAD).

The Decision-maker, also known as the Member of the IRB tribunal, hears and makes decisions in immigration related matters such as detention review hearings, admissibility hearings, immigration appeals, refugee protection hearings and refugee appeals. An appellant does not need to go to court or hire a lawyer to file an appeal for any immigration related matters. An immigration consultant is sufficient to represent applicants to the IRB. A lawyer is only needed if you seek judicial review in the Federal Court of Canada. Please contact our office for more detailed information about representation of your appeal case to the IRB.


Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds (H&C)​

If someone is not eligible for economic or refugee class then H&C is the last option to apply for permanent residence.

To obtain permanent resident status in Canada, an applicant may apply under Humanitarian and compassionate (H&C) grounds if the applicant is either inadmissible or ineligible for the economic, family or refugee program. IRCC accepts H&C applications and considers them in more subjective processes depending on the best interest of the applicant’s child as well as their undeserved hardship. An applicant may apply under H&C application within Canada or from overseas. Generally, in-Canada H&C applicants who are under removal order apply for H&C consideration to the Minister as a final attempt to remain in Canada permanently. If you are struggling to obtain your permanent resident status and looking for resources, please contact our office.



If a permanent resident or foreign national become inadmissible at the port of entry to Canada, we offer immediate assistance to the client.

A Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officer assess the Permanent Resident or Temporary Resident permit holder’s immigration violations at the port of entry and decide whether that person is eligible to enter and stay in Canada. If the person concerned is not eligible to enter to Canada, an officer either arrest or detain or remove that person from Canada. At Rubric Immigration Consultant Services, we meet our clients at the port of entry and represent them with the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) and with the Immigration Refugee Board (IRB).

don’t wait any longer

Contact Our Office Today!

Contact an experienced immigration consultant to fight for your case.